As I promised my creation using one of the Darkroom Door Border
stamps called Butterfly Garden. I was really curious how the border stamps would stamp, so I just started stamping on white cardstock.
I stamped one row and then another, and another, until I had stamped the entire sheet.
The front of the journal took three rows. The stamped paper was adhered to the front of the journal, edges sanded and then shaded with Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalk ink/Midnight Confessions.
The front is speckled with Tumble Dye/Black by S.e.i. and Dylusions Ink Spray/Lemon Zest.
I'm sure you are wondering about the gorgeous butterflies~
let me talk you through it!
I watched a tutorial from Richard Garay and had to try to make them. Darkroom Door has a Eclectic/Butterfly that is similar to the one he used in his tutorial, so I knew this was possible. The technique is a 3D technique (can't find it to share) but I viewed it on Facebook.
I'm going to explain how it is done~
1. Using 3 shades of ink, spread (in a V shape) one under the other, on a piece of white cardstock. Just take the ink pad right to the paper. The paper size about 5" wide x 10" long. The ink space needs to be larger enough to stamp the butterfly on.
2. Stamp the butterfly on the ink space with Archival/Black ink.
3. Fold the paper in thirds and glue (liquid, white paper glue) them together. That will give two layers of cardstock plus the layer the butterfly is stamped on.
3. Cut the butterfly out while the glue is still wet. That is the key.
4. Shape the butterfly, to give it dimension, like it is in flight.
5. When it is dry, seal the butterfly with an acrylic sealer. I did 4 coats on mine. ( in the tutorial, he did 8 coats)
6. I speckled mine with yellow acrylic paint and added a center to the butterfly.
They take a little time but are so worth it. I will list the butterfly I used from Darkroom Door in the supply list but it is this one~
There was enough stamped border paper left over that a book mark was created.
Ink: Ranger Archival/Jet Black, Fern Green, Red Geranium and Saffron. Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalk ink/Midnight Confessions. Dylusions Ink Spray/Lemon Zest. S.e.i /Tumble Dye/Black.
Embellishments: Prima: buttons. Divine Twine:yellow.
Liquid Glue: Multi/Tombow
college composition book
Thanks for stopping by~